Olive Oil & Lemon Shot
Taken it almost every morning since on an empty stomach and let’s say my digestion has never benefitted more than when I’m on this shot consistently. Helps keep the balance after a tough weekend of indulgences.
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) is made up of approximately 73% oleic acid, a heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acid (MUFA), and is a great source of vitamins E and K. (1)
- Lemon juice is a rich source of antioxidants, especially vitamin C. Lemons also contain flavonoids, which have strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory qualities. (2)
How to :
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (organic if possible)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or half of lemon
- Squeeze lemon and combine with olive oil.
- Consume on an empty stomach before meals every morning.